The term “Astaghfirullah” is an Arabic phrase that translates to “I seek forgiveness from Allah” in English. Seeking forgiveness through Astaghfirullah is highly regarded in Islam, and it holds significant virtues.
أستَغْفِرُ اللهَ الَّذِي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ
- Transliteration: “Astaghfirullah al-ladhi la ilaha illa Huwa al-Hayyu al-Qayyum wa atubu ilayh.”
- Translation: “I seek forgiveness from Allah, the One, there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of existence, and I repent to Him.”
Read More: Syed ul Astaghfar
Read Also: Astaghfar Ki Duain
Read Also: Dua For Astaghfar – Supplication
Astaghfar Ki Fazilat
Here are some key aspects of the virtues of seeking forgiveness (Astaghfar) in Islam:
- Repentance and Forgiveness: Seeking forgiveness is a form of repentance, and Islam encourages believers to repent for their sins sincerely. Allah is merciful and forgiving, and seeking His forgiveness with sincerity is believed to lead to the expiation of sins.
- Spiritual Cleansing: Astaghfar is seen as a means of purifying one’s soul and seeking spiritual cleansing. It is a way for believers to acknowledge their mistakes and turn to Allah for forgiveness and guidance.
- Protection from Punishment: Seeking forgiveness is believed to protect individuals from the consequences of their sins. Islam teaches that Allah’s mercy is vast, and sincere repentance can help a person avoid the punishment that might otherwise be associated with their wrongdoing.
- Strengthening the Relationship with Allah: Regularly seeking forgiveness is a way to strengthen the connection between a believer and Allah. It reflects humility, dependence on Allah, and a conscious effort to improve oneself.
- Relief from Worries and Anxiety: Turning to Allah in repentance is believed to bring a sense of peace and relief. It is a way for individuals to unburden themselves from the weight of their sins and seek solace in Allah’s mercy.
- Elevating Spiritual Status: The act of seeking forgiveness is seen as a virtuous deed that elevates one’s spiritual status. It demonstrates humility, self-awareness, and a commitment to living a righteous life.