Abdurrehman Al Sudais, also known as Sheikh Abdul Rahman Ibn Abdul Aziz Al-Sudais, is a renowned Islamic scholar, Quran reciter, and the current Imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. He is one of the most famous Quranic reciters in the world and is highly respected for his beautiful and melodious recitation of the Quran.
Here are some key points about Abdurrehman Al Sudais:
- Imam of the Masjid e Haram: As the Imam of the Masjid e Haram in Mecca, Sudais leads the daily prayers, including the five daily prayers and special prayers during Ramadan and other Islamic occasions. This position is considered one of the most prestigious in the Islamic world.
- Quranic Recitation: Sudais is widely known for his exceptional and moving recitation of the Quran. His voice is recognized for its clarity, melodiousness, and mastery of Tajweed (the rules of Quranic recitation).
- Education and Background: Sudais hails from Saudi Arabia and has received extensive Islamic education. He holds a Ph.D. in Islamic Sharia from Umm Al-Qura University in Mecca.
- Interfaith Efforts: Sudais has been involved in various interfaith and intercultural dialogues to promote understanding and tolerance between different religious communities.
- Charity Work: He has also been actively involved in various charitable and humanitarian efforts, especially during times of crisis and natural disasters.
- Media and Publications: His Quranic recitations are widely available in audio and video formats, and his recitations are often broadcast on TV and radio during the holy month of Ramadan.
- Global Recognition: Abdurrehman Al Sudais is highly respected by Muslims around the world, and his recitations are enjoyed by people of various backgrounds.